Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Month of Service Continues

Last night I chose to do a service for my family in the form of dinner. I made clam chowder and served it in bread bowls, all made from scratch.I don't usually spend that much time on dinner, and my family seemed really appreciative of the extra effort. I also had all of the dishes washed before dinner so that after dinner all we had to do were the dishes that we ate off of and I did most of those myself.

It was nice to see the smiles and hear the excitement of my family when they heard what I was making for dinner. I think they felt extra loved.

I set this goal so that I would try to get out of my head and think of others instead of myself for a while. It's been difficult to find opportunities to serve that I feel are "worthy" of this project. I think that maybe I'm making it too hard.

I have a few ideas for service today, but I'm just going to go about my day and see which one I feel guided to do.

No comments: