Monday, April 27, 2009

Love and Marriage - Bennett Style

The following is an actual conversation held between Morgan and me yesterday.

Morgan: Are you glad that you married me?

Julie: Umm....

Morgan: I mean, even though I'm a jerk.

Julie: Well... most days.

Morgan: That's good.

Julie: Other days, not so much.

Morgan: I don't blame you.

Julie: I mean, if I took all of you, the good, the bad, everything, and put it all in a blender, it -

Morgan: -would be gross.

Julie: Yeah. It would be really gross.

Morgan: But does the good outweigh the bad?

Julie: Yes. Definitely.

Morgan: How much? Is there lots more good than bad?

Julie: I would say that it's about 49% bad, 51% good.

Morgan: (pumping his fist) Yes! So I have room for error!


And then we both laughed like ninnies.


Morgan: I so totally love you, dude.

Julie: I so totally love you, too. .... What about me? How much room for error do I have?

Morgan: None. You are 50% - 50%.


And again the ninny laughter.


I love my husband. He makes me laugh and every once in a while I'm able to repay the favor.


(Disclaimer: It has been brought to my attention that some of my readers do not understand sarcasm. For those readers, let me explain: My husband and I are madly in love, which allows us to joke about our relationship in the above manner. If you still don't get it, then maybe you shouldn't be reading my blog.)

2 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

You know what I like best? He calls you "dude." That's way better than "sweetums," or any other such nonsense.

That Girl said...

I think more couples need to be like you.