Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Update on the Mud Situation

Because I love my children and don't wish for them to drown (most days - heh heh), I drove to the end of our driveway to pick them up from the bus. I wasn't sure what I'd find so I took my camera along with me. Much to my surprise and delight, we still have our driveway and thus a connection to the outside world. Observe:




The picture on the top is the update, the picture on the bottom from earlier. I put them side by side so you could more easily compare because I'm nice like that.





Again, top is new, bottom is old. We've got a little bit of an erosion problem.

I wondered how the gaping chasm at the end of our road is doing, so I moseyed on up that way.




Great news! No visible chasm! Wait, maybe that's bad news... While most of the water around our house has drained away, the opposite was true for our road. Here are a couple more pictures of the wetness.



The puddle stretched clear across the road. I'm thinking that all we need are some water skis and a tow rope. We could ski for almost a mile!




Another view of the same puddle. Maybe I'll get some yellow and black paint and alter that sign to read "Boats Entering Highway." Shoot. If only I had Photoshop.

~

I know that most of you are sitting in front of your computers thinking, "Julie is so nice. She went all the way down to the end of the driveway to wait for her kids. She only had to wait about 20 minutes. I wish I could see her facial expressions as she waited."

Wish no more, fair readers! Yet again, I have thought of everything.



Here I am, patiently waiting. Hmm, I wish I would have brought my phone so I could play Sudoku.



Geez, I should have used the bathroom before I came out here.




This is taking longer than I thought. I hope Adam and Jack are still asleep.




Stupid bus. I have better things to do than sit here and wait for the bus.




Hooray! Here's the bus!

1 comment:

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Julie! You are so awesome! This seriously made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! Thanks for sharing!