Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Silver Linings

I look forward to the day when Jack has outgrown his bouncy chair, swing and walker so that I have the floor space back that all those items are occupying.

-but-

I enjoy that Jack is not mobile and can't get into mischief that other members of our family can (read: Adam).

~

I look forward to the day that Jack can hold his own bottle so that every single feeding isn't an automatic time-out for me.

-but-

I enjoy the special one-on-one bonding time that I get with Jack that I won't get as much when he can feed himself.

~

I look forward to the time when Morgan has his degree and won't have to go to work and then school, making his away-from-home-time over fourteen hours a day.

-but-

I'm glad that he has the opportunity to learn and meet new people. I'm also grateful for the time it has given me with my kids.

~

I look forward to having a house with more than one bathroom and more than one level so the kids have somewhere to play besides right on top of me.

-but-

I love the house that we currently live in, along with the awesome jetted tub, super low rent and awesome neighbors/landlords.

~

I look forward to potty training, pants-wetting, nose-picking, wall-coloring, book tearing and quilt top-cutting being worries of the past.

-but-

I am so very glad that drugs, alcohol, sex, poor friend choices and driver's licenses are not current problems!

~

I look forward to the day when all of my children are in school, providing me with a full eight hours of "me time" a day. (Granted, that "me time" will be full of toilet scrubbing, laundry folding, grocery shopping, etc., but it will still be "me time.")

-but-

I love having little boys to play with, cuddle with, take naps with and talk to. In addition, it's nice to only worry about 2 sets of parent/teacher conferences, field trips, orthodontist appointments and all those other things. Soon it will be four sets!

~

I look forward to Morgan and I being empty nesters. What will we do with ourselves?

-but-

I love, love, love my children and I am so very grateful that I have had the opportunity to be their mother. I have learned so much from them.

~

I look forward to no more poopy diapers.

-but-

-but-

-but-

I just can't think of a silver lining to the poopy diaper cloud.

2 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

But...sometimes when you rescue a child from a particularly rank diaper, they are so obviously relieved you have to laugh a little bit.

Monica said...

I can't think of anything nice to say about your kids poopies, either. They are the worst poopies ever made! Thanks, though for all the silver lining. It just goes to show there is some somewhere if you look hard enough!