Friday, March 6, 2009

A Diabolical Mastermind in the Making

I know that I post about this boy a lot, but I love him a lot. Besides, he is so stinking cute that I would be remiss if I didn't share the cuteness.





Emily noticed the other day that Kory, her son who is Adam's age, quits speaking with real words when he is around Adam. He reverts to toddler gibberish. Morgan is afraid that Kory will have serious psychological issues when he is older as a result of spending too much time with Adam.

I like to compare Adam and Kory to Number One and Number Four in the movie Multiplicity. Kory is the regular guy and Adam is the one who wears a rubber boot on his head and goggles and puts pizza in his wallet. (Great party, Steve.)



I couldn't find a clip of Number Four with the boot on his head but this one of him shaving is great.

Adam played peek-a-boo with me the other day by covering his ears, uncovering them and then yelling "boo-boo!" which is Adam-speak for peek-a-boo. He then covered his ears and did it all again, laughing like a maniac the whole time.

Don't chide me. I know he's not stupid. I know that he's 22 months old and just learning how the world works, but it is remarkable how much he reminds me of Number Four.

Morgan and I were joking the other day about how dim Adam's bulb is when the person we were with (I can't remember who - was it you?) gave us a hard time for thinking that our son was less of a genius. Adam grinned at us, covered his ears and yelled "boo-boo!"

What can I say - the kid has impeccable comedic timing. Would an imbecile have been able to pull that off?

No comments: