Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Besties

This is my 100th post.

(Insert balloons and noisemakers and streamers here.)

Yay!

I've been saving this post for a little while now, letting an idea form. I was going to write a list (you know how I love lists) of one hundred random thoughts or things about me.

But today I feel inspired to write about a different topic: my very best friend in the whole entire world. (After my husband, of course.) Fear not. This, too, shall take the form of a list.

  • She encourages my Coca Cola addiction.
  • She understands when there are days when the lives of my children hang in the balance of good behavior and anti-depressants.
  • She doesn't murder her children in a fit of motherly rage because she knows that that would set a precedent too hard not to follow.
  • I once brought home a book for my kids entitled "The Day My Parents Ruined My Life" and she dryly commented "I'm pretty sure it would be hard for me to pick just one day."
  • When life kicks her in the face and then rubs mud into it, she puts on her big girl panties and deals with it.
  • She knows God and loves him.
  • She babysits for me. A lot.
  • She loves my children.
  • She has fridge rights.
  • She hangs out with me when I sew.
  • She has seen me in my undies and didn't laugh.
  • Her pet name for me is Biz-natch.
  • She inappropriately invades my personal space because even though I have a huge personal bubble, she know that she's the only one who can do that and make me laugh.
  • We could spend hours waxing eloquent about Gerard Butler's various attributes.
  • She makes fun of me when I mispronounce words.
  • She makes fun of me when I do pretty much anything.
  • I can share my deepest, darkest secrets with her and she will still love me.
  • We will later laugh about my deepest, darkest secrets.
  • She helps me understand who I am and what I'm doing.
  • She believes in me.
  • She encourages my chocolate addiction.
  • She doesn't wait for me to answer her knock. She knocks and then waltzes right in. That waltz always makes me happy inside.
  • She knows that I'm a sucker for all kinds of animals and knows the right time to be supportive and the right time to call me an animal retard.
  • She is writing a book and I think that is awesome.
I love her. I really do.

3 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

Sometimes the animals call you a retard and steal my thunder.
I love you.

That Girl said...

How awesome.

I like this idea. Lots.

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

I think yer both purty snazzy!