(Insert balloons and noisemakers and streamers here.)
I've been saving this post for a little while now, letting an idea form. I was going to write a list (you know how I love lists) of one hundred random thoughts or things about me.
But today I feel inspired to write about a different topic: my very best friend in the whole entire world. (After my husband, of course.) Fear not. This, too, shall take the form of a list.
- She encourages my Coca Cola addiction.
- She understands when there are days when the lives of my children hang in the balance of good behavior and anti-depressants.
- She doesn't murder her children in a fit of motherly rage because she knows that that would set a precedent too hard not to follow.
- I once brought home a book for my kids entitled "The Day My Parents Ruined My Life" and she dryly commented "I'm pretty sure it would be hard for me to pick just one day."
- When life kicks her in the face and then rubs mud into it, she puts on her big girl panties and deals with it.
- She knows God and loves him.
- She babysits for me. A lot.
- She loves my children.
- She has fridge rights.
- She hangs out with me when I sew.
- She has seen me in my undies and didn't laugh.
- Her pet name for me is Biz-natch.
- She inappropriately invades my personal space because even though I have a huge personal bubble, she know that she's the only one who can do that and make me laugh.
- We could spend hours waxing eloquent about Gerard Butler's various attributes.
- She makes fun of me when I mispronounce words.
- She makes fun of me when I do pretty much anything.
- I can share my deepest, darkest secrets with her and she will still love me.
- We will later laugh about my deepest, darkest secrets.
- She helps me understand who I am and what I'm doing.
- She believes in me.
- She encourages my chocolate addiction.
- She doesn't wait for me to answer her knock. She knocks and then waltzes right in. That waltz always makes me happy inside.
- She knows that I'm a sucker for all kinds of animals and knows the right time to be supportive and the right time to call me an animal retard.
- She is writing a book and I think that is awesome.